Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Conditions of MIND

I shall continue stories from book I am currently reading..

Trust God, not human reasons

Reasoning is dangerous for many reasons, but one of them is this: we can reason and figure something out that seems to make sense to us. But what we have reasoned to be correct may still be incorrect.

The human mind likes logic and order and reason. It likes to deal with what it understands. Therefore, we have a tendency to put things into neat little bins in the compartments of our mind, thinking, “This must be the way it is because it fits so nicely here”. We can find something our minds are comfortable with and still be totally wrong.

The apostle Paul said in Romans 9:1, I am speaking the truth in Christ. I am not lying; my conscience [enlightened and prompted] by the Holy Spirit bearing witness with me. Paul knew he was doing the right thing, not because his reasoning said it was right, but because it bore witness in his spirit.

As we have seen, the mind does, at times aid the spirit. The mind and spirit do work together, but the spirit is more noble organ and should always be honored above the mind. If we know in our spirit that a thing is wrong, we should not allow reasoning to talk us into doing it. Also, if we know something is right, we must allow reasoning to talk us out of doing it.

Doubt and Unbelief

God places dreams and visions in the hearts of His people; they begin as little ‘seeds’. Just as a woman has a seed planted in her womb when she becomes pregnant, so we become ‘pregnant’, so to speak, with the things God speaks and promises. During the ‘pregnancy’, Satan works hard to try to get us ‘abort’ our dreams. One of the tools he uses is doubt; another is unbelief. Both of these work against the mind.

The devil brings storm into your life to intimidate you. During a storm, remember that the mind is the battlefield. Don’t make your decisions based on your thoughts or feelings, but check with your spirit. When you do, you will find the same vision that was there in the beginning.


*I always doubted about my own abilities, even during secondary school period, where I got selected for trials to join badminton national squad. At that time, I respect west Malaysian players too much that I lost focus on my own capabilities. It was bad till a point my dad don’t allow me to play badminton anymore, no longer support my badminton career.

Visions from God, or confused mind, dreams that I dreamt, opposite sex that appears on my mind lately, I know that God is showing me about my life on relationship, which I should not jump into a relationship too quickly. But now, dreams that I dreamt of me forgetting about my past relationship, I knew that God is merciful. I shared with my cell group leader about dreams I had last 2 days. I did not even thought of will be dreaming about her although I just attracted to the way she praise and worship God during service for 3 years, but the dream was much deeper than just the attraction. Trust God, spirit, which I am doing right now rather than keep running away from that most of the times helped me, now my thinking, dare to say matured. 

*shall share with all of you about this particular dream when time is appropriate for me to do so.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,



    You have an incredibly great weblog. To grow to be a effective man or woman the fundamental point would be to have positive thinking. Get pleasure from Sky Rocketing Success with Turbo charged Positive Affirmations... Develop Positive Thinking So You can Eliminate Stress Out of your Existence, Increase Your Self-Confidence and Program Oneself For Lifetime Achievement!

    ReplyDelete