Thursday, April 23, 2009

April 23rd, my beloved best friend, Deane Lim birthday..knew her since 12yrs old as we were under same state training programme back at Sarawak. She is tall, beautiful, smart and very creative, currently studying at Lim Kok Wing University. Her boyfriend, former state player from Sibu, Sarawak..Deane, thank you all these years, being good friend of mine, listening to my ups and down. I cherished our friendship very much..


Deane's boyfriend-GuanYi



**********************************************************************************


Premier League - Rooney and Carrick put United back on top

Goals from Wayne Rooney and Michael Carrick gave Manchester United a 2-0 victory against Portsmouth at Old Trafford and returned the champions to the top of the Premier League

**********************************************************************************

Encouragement for Today

In God's Hands

"When I am afraid, I will trust in you." Psalm 56:3 (NIV)

I am a mere human, but God is a sovereign and powerful God. Any physical protection I could offer her pales in comparison to the spiritual protection given from our Savior. As each of my children grow and live, I know they will face new dangers. Peer pressure will be heavy, temptations will prowl, people will hurt their feelings, dangers may cross their path and life may be hard. Our modern culture will cause them to face challenges and decisions that I did not have to deal with as a child. My comfort must come from believing that they will be in God's hands, and that He will always be with them, no matter where they go. Not just on the top of a mountain, but every minute of every day in every circumstance. Do you know that the word "children" appears over 450 times in the Bible? Our children matter to God, and He loves them, even more than we love them. Being a parent allows us a window to see God's amazing perspective of that love.

Dear Lord, forgive me for forgetting how much You love my children and that You are always with them. Thank You for surrounding us with Your angels. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Application Steps: 

Choose to entrust your family to Christ today.

Reflections: 

Do I allow doubts and fears for my children's safety to take precedence over my belief in God's protection of them?

Am I worrying about things that I have no control over, or trusting God to protect my children in the way that He knows is best?

Power Verses:

Psalm 91:11, "For he will order his angels to protect you wherever you go." (NLT)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment